Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Retail Sales Bible


Okay, so today's post is self-serving, I admit. But we are excited that the day is fast approaching for the release of our next book - The Retail Sales Bible. This book is co-authored with a retail great, Rick Segal, who has published several books already including Retail for Dummies. It has long been my desire to take the basic concepts of the retail sales model I have worked with over the last 26 years and put it into a book.

If you are in retail, you know how complicated people can make the sales process. Too many times, people try and bring B2B models into retail. Rick and I both have a retail background, in fact, I am still in retail with a footwear business. (But that is another post) This has been an interesting project because I play the role of the book smart guy and Rick plays the part of the street smarts guy. Together, we form one very large smart guy. (Maybe I should say wise guy!)

In this book, we will introduce you to some sales techniques that have have been proven to work time and time again in building lasting relationships - which is the purpose of selling anyway! Most sales books are about "closing the deal." This one is about "making a customer for life."

If you are interested in being one of the first to receive this book, simply email me and I will make sure you are on the list for an autographed first edition.

I would also like to highlight a service we are both involved in called The Retailer's Advantage. This online community features advice and tips for retailers and is a terrific resource - especially for the independent. Check it out. You will find us on there as well.

Okay enough selling, back to culture and design....

No comments: